Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Shopping

Before I post our Meal Plan tomorrow, I thought I'd give the blog world a peek at my grocery shopping today. This picture includes a trip to Sprouts and Kroger. I took a side trip to Tom Thumb, but all of that got put away before I got the camera out. Here are the details:

Sprouts (left section of photo):
Stacy's Pita Chips
bulk spices (chili powder, minced onion, bay leaves)
fresh green beans
apples
green pepper
zucchini squash
Total: $5.34
all were sale items, no coupons used!

Kroger:
Lays BBQ chips (new with all natural ingredients) *$1
Progresso soup - chicken gumbo, italian style meatball
corn tortillas *.75
elbow macaroni
Fiber plus granola bars
minced garlic
Granny Smith apple chips *mgr special
Red Delicious apple chips *mgr special
Barilla whole grain penne *.55
6 Yoplait yogurts *.40 (doubled to .80)
petite diced tomatoes
tomato paste
butter
parsley
milk
eggs
bananas
Kraft pepper jack cheese *$1/2
Kraft colby cheese *
Total: $30.68
*s represents items with coupons

Tom Thumb (not pictured):
1 lb snow crab meat *mgr special
1 lb jumbo gulf shrimp *on sale $4.99/lb
6 Smart Ones entrees *on sale for $1.50 each, *buy 5, get 1 free
Total $15.48

We enjoyed half the crab meat tonight for dinner, and are saving the other half to make crab cakes! Its so much more fun to eat crab when you don't have to do all the work yourself :) I'll update with the crab cake recipe and let you know how it went later in the week. Stay tuned tomorrow to see what we are doing with all these groceries!

No comments: