Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Biscuits

I was making breakfast for dinner last night, and went on allrecipes.com to find a biscuit recipe. I'm so happy with the one I found...they were so good! Here is the recipe (and the source) :

2 c all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1/3 c butter
1 c milk

Preheat oven to 425.
Whisk flour, baking powder, salt & sugar.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
Turn out onto floured surface and pat to 1" thick.
Cut out biscuits with a cookie cutter or the top of a glass.
Bake 13-15 minutes until edges begin to brown.

I'm not sure what coarse meal is exactly :) but I just mixed in the butter until I was tired of mixing it. I also used a little less than 1 cup of milk. Be careful not to over mix the dough so the biscuits will be soft. Hope you enjoy them! I will definitely be making them again and again.

No comments: