Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

This recipe is courtesy of my friend, Cynthia. It is really delicious and great for leftovers as well (always a concern when its just the 2 of us eating).
Ingredients:
2 fryers, or 4-5 lbs meaty chicken pieces (I typically use 2 big chicken breasts)
1 green pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 pkg (10 oz) spaghetti, broken in half
1 can (1 lb) diced tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 ribs celery (I omit)
1 onion
1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems & pieces (I omit)
1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
2 T. chopped ripe olives (I omit)
Salt & Pepper
Paprika
Worcestershire
  • Simmer chicken until tender in well seasoned water; remove chicken and broth.
  • Measure 1 qt broth back into pan.
  • Bone & dice chicken; set aside.
  • Into broth, put celery, green pepper, onion, garlic & mushrooms.
  • Let cook a few minutes, then add spaghetti and cook until done.
  • Add tomatoes, olives, soup, S&P and paprika and stir.
  • Add worcestershire sauce and Velveeta and stir well until velveeta melts.
  • Add chicken and heat through before serving.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Josh has been begging me to make chicken spaghetti and now I finally have a recipe that looks doable! :)