Tonight, I was in the mood to bake something so I went on the hunt. We've had tons of desserts lately so I knew bread was the way to go. I was looking for something quick and found this herbed bread recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook. It was very easy and smells so good I can barely wait to eat it!
Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp (one packet) of yeast
2 tbsp shortening
1 1/4 cup very warm water
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tbsp dried parsley
Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast and mix well. Add water, shortening, and herbs. Mix well for 1 minute at low speed. Continue mixing for 1 more minute on medium speed. Be sure to scrape down sides often. Add remaining 1 cup flour and stir until smooth. Spread batter in loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Spray top of loaf with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm location and allow to rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
| Here's how mine looked after rising |
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. Check on bread, and cover loosely with foil if top of the bread is getting too brown. Brush with melted butter and allow to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment