Tonight, I made calzones using Pillsbury crescent 'recipe creations'. These are sheets of crescent dough without the perforations so they are easier to use for things other than rolls. I couldn't find a recipe that I liked itself, so I combined a few and it turned out pretty well. I laid out one sheet of crescent dough, then spread out a layer of pepperoni, leaving about a one inch border on all sides. Then I added 3 slices of provolone cheese and about 1/2 c of shredded mozzarella cheese. I topped with another sheet of crescent dough, and fluted the edges with a fork. I baked at 375 for about 17-18 minutes.
Both Bart and I really liked these, although I will definitely add more filling next time. I think doubling up the layers would make a big difference, and potentially adding ground beef. We dipped the calzone pieces in warm spaghetti sauce.
I also baked quite a few other things today, since I was working from home and had no work to do, but I will post those separately.
Happy New Year!
Big Boo Cast: Episode 380
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment