Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tilapia

Here is another weight watchers recipe that ended up being really good! The last time I made tilapia it was pretty fishy, so I am so glad this one turned out better.

Ingredients:
1/4c white wine, dry
1/4c tomatoes, seeded and chopped (I omitted)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp capers, drained (I omitted)
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 1/2lbs tilapia, four 6 ox pieces
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4c all purpose flour
1 spray cooking spray
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp light butter
2 tbsp chopped parsley

Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk; set aside.
Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets lightly in flour and coat both sides with cooking spray.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, turn fillets and cook 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from pan.
Add wine mixture to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in butter until metled. Spoon wine mixture over fillets; sprinkle with parsley.

Serves 4, one serving is about 250-300 calories.

I ended up not dredging in flour, but I'm sure it would be delicious to do that. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: