King Ranch is my go-to meal when people are coming over, because its fairly quick to prepare, and leaves me free to do other things while it bakes. The recipe comes from my friend, Jenn Chalmers.
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, cooked & chopped (I rarely use this many)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Mexican Rotel
8 oz Mexican style or cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup chopped onion
15 tortillas, cut into quarters
1. Mix soups, Rotel and broth together in a large saucepan. Add onion and chicken. Cook in saucepan for 10 minutes.
2. Layer the following in a 9"x13" baking dish:
5 quartered tortillas (aka 20 tortilla pieces)
1/3 of soup mixture
1/3 of cheese
3. Repeat layers two times.
4. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.
(You may need to cover with foil near the end if cheese is getting too brown)
This is so good! Feel free to make adjustments to fit your tastes...I have omitted onions for a friend that doesn't like them (although I think they make it better) as well as used only cream of chicken soup when I was out of mushroom. I also typically use corn tortillas, although the original recipe calls for flour.

1 comment:
Fun, Lauren, I don't think I've seen this blog before! I love it. Have you ever seen this blog? http://blog.kingarthurflour.com/
Post a Comment