Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pepperoni Rolls


I made these on Monday night and they were great! The recipe comes from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures and is also below. She links to a different pizza crust recipe than what I used, but I have made the one she mentions and it is good too!

Ingredients:
Ingredients for desired pizza dough
8 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
1 pouch pepperoni, de-greased 30 sec in microwave (like bacon, layer with paper towels)
Marinara sauce for dipping


-Make pizza crust according to directions and roll out into rectangular shape, I did mine pretty thin so it would cook faster
-Place pepperoni on top, I only used about 2/3 of a pouch of pepperoni because it made a single layer with that amount
-Sprinkle evenly with cheese
-Roll up along the long side and cut, mine made 18 rolls
-Bake on cookie sheet, cut side down (you may need to secure some with toothpicks)
425 degrees for about 15 minutes (make sure the dough cooks all the way through)

We thought these were really good! I used turkey pepperoni to lower the fat, but I didn't de-grease it...I probably should have though. I think 3-4 rolls is a good, filling serving size, so I guess this would serve about 4 (especially if it was 2 guys and 2 girls). Enjoy!

No comments: