Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pudding Cake

This is one of my favorite dessert recipes because its so little work for such a wonderful result! I got it from my friend, Alison, who blogs with her husband about fun places to eat in Dallas. Check out their blog if you are interested!

Ingredients:
1 box yellow moist cake mix
1 box Jello instant pudding mix - vanilla
1 box Jello instant pudding mix - chocolate
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup water
1/2 cup chocolate chips (save for last)

Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Add in chocolate chips until well blended. Pour mixture into a greased bundt pan or another type of pan if you'd like. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. If you don't use a bundt pan, it will most likely take less time.

I typically try to replace oil with applesauce, but I can't remember if I have done that in this recipe or not. I'm sure it would be fine, as I can never taste the applesauce in things where I've substituted, but do so at your own risk!

No comments: