I mentioned this in a previous Menu Plan Monday, using this link. When I went to make it, I realized I didn't have a lot of the spices, so I ended up changing it a lot. Here's the jist of what I made:
1 cup brown rice
dash red pepper flakes
Jamaican Jerk seasoning
dash thyme
pinch garlic salt
2 tbsp smart balance light
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 can corn
chopped fresh cilantro
2 6oz tilapia fillets
-Heat oven to 400 (or appropriate temperature)
-Cook rice as package directs
-Combine spices in a shallow bowl
-Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat and add lemon juice
-Dip each fillet in butter (both sides) and then spices (both sides)
-Heat skillet to medium-high heat and add tilapia fillets
-Cook fish until blackened, about 2 minutes per side (turn heat down if it starts to smoke)
-Transfer fish to a baking dish and bake for about 8-10 minutes (or until done)
-Stir corn into rice and serve fish over this mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
I didn't specify how much Jerk seasoning I used because I really have no idea. I used a lot, and loved it, but Bart actually thought it was a little too spicy. So you should adjust that according to your tastes. I will absolutely be making this again, many many times. The tilapia's mild flavor really absorbs the seasonings. Hope you enjoy!
Big Boo Cast: Episode 380
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment