Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Cinnamon Banana Snack Loaf



I found this recipe on this food blog. Its also her picture above :) This bread is a perfect thing to have around the house as a snack, and is so easy to make too. Here's the ingredients:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup warm water

And here's what you do:

1. Beat together sugar and applesauce. Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
2. Stir in bananas and mix well again.
3. Add all dry ingredients and combine until moist throughout.
4. Add water and mix again until combined.
5. Pour equal amounts into 2 large, greased loaf pans and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees (check frequently!).

I cut mine into 10-12 slices each. I actually added some peanut butter chips to one loaf, and that was a delicious addition. I'm sure chocolate chips or nuts would be too! And of course, any combination of wheat/white flour would be fine. Hope you like it!

No comments: